Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in St. Louis during the colder seasons, when they’re necessary to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Morgner Inc. Air Conditioning & Heating will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is needed and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to check if it kicks on.
- If everything looks accurate, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Morgner Inc. Air Conditioning & Heating at 314-262-4541 and we’ll get your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.