With warmer weather right around the corner, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at its best, it can cut a big amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could dramatically raise your bills and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Morgner Inc. Air Conditioning & Heating specialist do air conditioning service
at least each year is crucial to keeping your system working at its best for a long time. He or she can make sure the unit is running correctly and can identify potential issues in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and periodically throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during winter. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could damage your system and leave you needing big repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area around your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they may obstruct airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any aspect of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or changed during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them each month and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have it’s own needs when talking about air filter replacement, relying on things like owning house pets or doing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also ensure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you have a comfy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer offers. Give the team at Morgner Inc. Air Conditioning & Heating a call at 314-262-4541.