As warmer weather rolls around, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in St. Louis? Even if your AC unit is recently purchased or was working just fine last year.
Here’s one way to think about it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can break down.
Having your unit examined seasonally by a Morgner Inc. Air Conditioning & Heating tech can help spot little troubles before they become large meltdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is located outside, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly decrease your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a specialist to take care of delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that build up within your system can force it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these problems can lead to elevated energy consumption—and a bigger utility bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and may even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly cooling expenses and in the long-term, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as fast.
- It helps pinpoint small troubles before they turn into major, pricey issues. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will keenly look at components and complete a set of cooling performance tests. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to identify issues before they turn into major troubles that cause an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver stress-free operation throughout the summer. After your system is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the best approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for yearly maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your equipment is at risk for early breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC maintenance should include a check and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the services we’ll do:
We’ll examine the subsequent locations and parts:
- Total equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Now with Morgner Inc. Air Conditioning & Heating
Today is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Morgner Inc. Air Conditioning & Heating pros a shout at 314-262-4541 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we arrive at your residence, be sure to look at our exclusive offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.