During the cooler St. Louis months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it occurs, a simple call to Morgner Inc. Air Conditioning & Heating will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Morgner Inc. Air Conditioning & Heating right away if you notice any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is too small for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Morgner Inc. Air Conditioning & Heating can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Morgner Inc. Air Conditioning & Heating at 314-262-4541 or schedule an appointment with us online.