Having routine air conditioning service done at least once a year can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the St. Louis summertime, have the professionals at Morgner Inc. Air Conditioning & Heating perform your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, retrieve any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of unlawfully discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Check for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it frequently. We recommend checking it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Morgner Inc. Air Conditioning & Heating today at 314-262-4541.